Loksim suggestions I - Loksim Vorschlaege I

• After a lot of testing, I have tried to build something in between a specification and a wish list aimed at improving the already good sound system in Loksim:

[Startup of the lok]:
    A1=Pantograph: add a sound for switch on/off and a sound for the raising up/down sequence of pantograph

A2=General startup sequence (static converters or transformers): add sounds for the switch on/off and startup and end sequence of the main circuit of the loco

A3=Motor fans: add the reverser switch to turn the motor fans sequence on (this could be just with neutral and forward position)

With this, before applying traction we should have the following sounds in loop:

A2=static converters / transformers / motor sound without load in case of diesel motor
    A3=fans
    A4=air compressor loop until brake cylinder pressure is ok

All these sounds should have the current loksim structure with beginning, loop and end section

[Traction section]:
    Currently is made of a motor sound and an optional motor w/out load sound

I suggest having two sounds for traction (traction 1 & 2) with some added user defineable properties:

type of sound:
    k1=[start + loop + end (SLE)] sound has beginning, loop and end section. This structure is already used in Loksim
    k2=[start + loop1 + loop2 (SLL)] end part is replaced by a second loop

pitch according to:
    p0=Fixed
    p1=Speed
    p2=motor rpm or load

Volume:
    v0=fixed
    v1=ascending
    v2=descending

Sound trigger:
    t0=traction
    t1=speed
    t2=(acceleration) speed with sound volume reduction when throttle is reduced
    t3=notch

treshold level:
    l0=defines the notch, speed or acceleration values that trigger the loop and end of the sound (the very first trigger sequence engages also the beginning sequence)

the other properties are for max speed value, max pitch, end of start position and end of loop position that are already used in loksim

The standing sound that runs until 35kmh is then eliminated

this sound structure, in my opinion, would give greater freedom and allow better simulating various kind of locos and EMUs.

The traction sounds should also be triggered by electric braking as well

[braking section]:
    braking sound should be hearable at higher speeds than in the current implementation with volume proportioned to the amount of braking
    B1=add [start + loop + end (SLE)] change sound structure and add pitch property to the electric braking
    B2=additional [start + loop + end (SLE)] add pneumatic brake sound to be played at higher speeds with user defineable speed
    B3=[start + loop + end (SLE)] change sound structure and add user defineable trigger to the pneumatic brake sound
    B4=define behaviour of air compressor sound according to brake cylinder pressure

[other improvements]:
    C1=add user defineable speed to the roll sound

C2=add sound objects in route (same as bridges, tunnels etc) with optional doppler effect. This could also be used to automatically trigger the "next stop..." message

C3=add user defineable maximum curve radius for hearing flange sound in curve

C4=add sound for passing on turnouts instead of using the flange sound in curve

also it would be nice to have smoother sound transitions for tunnel, bridges and crossings points

I have tried to build those suggestions preserving the existing loksim sound structure
    I will much appreciate any feedback about these suggested improvements and if someone could also post my suggestions in the german section of the forum

thank you
    etr212

• Da ich glaube, dass hier große Verständigungsprobleme herrschen, versuche ich mal, zu übersetzen.

Ich habe versucht, die Übersetzung so sinngemäß wie möglich zu formulieren.

Gruß
    JulianG

• JulianG EMU ist die Abkürzung für Electric Multiple unit => Elektrotriebwagen. Dieseltriebwagen haben die Abkürzung DMU (Diesel multiple Unit)