Railway download from satellite pictures ...

• Dear friends of LokSim3D ...

... My name is Peter, or even better: LokSimPeter ...

Since a couple of years I developed a system to download railways from statellite pictures as osm-files. I do this by using JOSM (Java Open Street Map) for downloading, filtering, processing as osm, followed by the conversion of all rails to l3Dstr-files in LokSim3D.

Thousands of railways from all over the world exist in BING, a big data resource for OSM-Data from UK. With easy tools I can filter railway information (and also others) out of the OSM-Data.

I offer cooperation to those who plan to start a new simulation project. You describe the planned railway from Start to Destination. Then we extract tracks we want to see (not all tracks are really worth to be visible during our tour).

Then I convert this to LokSim3D including switches and crossings. The rest is your job under full control and compatibility of LokSimEdit. I will ask you to install JOSM to your PC, and you should become familiar with this nice program. It is very powerful, easy to use, and very well maintained by the JOSM community. AND: it comes for free (like LokSim3D and LokSimEdit).

What do you think? Are you interested?

Best regards from Germany ...
    LokSimPeter

Meinen Beitrag zum LokSim3D sehe ich in der Umwandlung von real existierenden Gleisstrecken.OSM aus BING in "lauffähige" LokSim3D - Strecken.l3dstr. Ich bin ansprechbar von solchen LokSim-Freunden, die eine Strecke bauen wollen und nicht wissen, woher sie diese bekommen...:)